What Miss Plumcake is… | Manolo for the Big Girl

What Miss Plumcake is…

Hello my little buttermilk biscuits, how’s every little thing? Me? I’m fab.

My shipment of strepsils, QI DVDs and Marks and Spencer English breakfast tea is well on its way from London via Edinburgh and Montreal (thanks Michael! You’re a pal) and I’m getting all breathless at the idea of an entire weekend alone with my tea, my imported medicated lozenges and Stephen Fry all to myself. That’s right, it’s all about the glamor here at Chateau Gateau.

However it’s still Tuesday which means my mentholated marathon is several days away, so let’s find out what Miss Plumcake is…

Reading: Born Round:A Story of Food, Family and a Ferocious Appetite by Frank Bruni
Watching: Les Biches
Hearing: The Lady Killer by CeeLo Green. I can’t help it. It’s a shockingly great Motown album from beginning to end.
Smelling: Attrape-Coeur by Guerlain
Loving: Rachel Leigh Peridot Drop Earrings
Hating: The Knock-Kneed Naif Look. Listen, you’re not Lolita or an extra in a Bob Fosse number. You’re a grown-ass woman so stand up straight.
Wanting: Michael Kors Asymmetrical Zipper Dress (on BIG sale)
Buying: Saks V Neck Cashmere Sweaters. You can NEVER have too many cashmere sweaters, especially on sale!

So what about you? What’s rocking your casbah this last day of November?

10 Responses to “What Miss Plumcake is…”

1. Linda November 30, 2010 at 1:13 pm #

I just read Born Round recently. Hope you like it too!

2. Plumcake November 30, 2010 at 1:49 pm #

@Linda: I just finished it and found it both brave and nerve-wrackingly frustrating. I completely identified with the idea of always being hungry in my youth, but the whole being tied up in something as insignificant (to me) as 20 pounds…It made me sad for him. All that time he wasted.

3. Thea November 30, 2010 at 8:30 pm #

you may NOT have Stephen Fry all to yourself – he’s over here right now mixing cocktails (in my fantasy)

Loving your Christmas shopping editions – it’s like fantasy football but with sparklies!

4. Thalia December 1, 2010 at 4:03 pm #

I hope what you are hating are those fugly skinny jeans and the knockneed model therein, and not that cute zipper dress!

5. Plumcake December 1, 2010 at 4:12 pm #

@Thalia: Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain! You just caught it while The Manolo was editing the links. I am hating the knock-kneed look, wanting the zipper dress and buying some FAB cashmere sweaters on big honkin’ sale at Saks.

6. txbunny December 1, 2010 at 5:06 pm #

Miss Plumcake you just wrote one of my favorite words, cashmere.

7. Thalia December 1, 2010 at 9:06 pm #

My faith in humanity is restored. Also, oooh! Cashmere!

8. Lisa from SoCal December 1, 2010 at 9:20 pm #

Amen on that Lolita/squatting/knock-kneed/little girl leg thing going on. STOP IT PEOPLE or I might have to start punching things.

9. theDiva December 1, 2010 at 10:28 pm #

For reals, yo. I mean, what sort of ridiculous affectation is that, anyway?

10. Thalia December 3, 2010 at 2:00 pm #

Everyone who does it looks like she needs to go to the bathroom.