‘Tis the Season for the Ladies’ Man | Manolo for the Big Girl

‘Tis the Season for the Ladies’ Man

The Way I See It by Raphael Saadiq Babymakin’ music of the highest, and most tasteful, order.

She Comes First by Ian Kerner, PhD. Dear Gentlemen: Miss Plumcake is lucky enough to have a gentleman friend who is a sex therapist and educator who went to an Ivy League school on an athletic scholarship. This is your romantic competition. He knows these pages intimately. How confident are you?

Cary Grant-style Tortoise Natural Bristle Toothbrush. Keep a spare. (Seriously, you think we don’t notice these things?)

Cocoa Long Staple Egyptian Cotton 1000 Thread-Count Sheets Everybody and every body looks better on dark, warm-colored sheets. Look into it.

Be sure to check back at the main ‘Tis the Season page to look back on profiles you’ve missed and look forward to ones that are soon to come!

11 Responses to “‘Tis the Season for the Ladies’ Man”

1. Emily December 6, 2010 at 2:26 pm #

So…would getting that book for my husband make me a good wife or a bad wife? I mean, I have no complaints, but we could all use a little continuing education, right?

Maybe if I present it while wearing lingerie?

2. Plumcake December 6, 2010 at 2:28 pm #

@Emily – stay tuned for the Sex Kitten one.

3. Frances December 6, 2010 at 3:05 pm #

Cocoa-colored sheets! Brilliant. If I ever start entertaining gentleman callers, that’ll be the first thing on my to-buy list.

4. Plumcake December 6, 2010 at 3:29 pm #

@Frances: Seriously. It’s all about the lighting, and that includes the light reflected off sheets. Nothing ruins the mood like a bedroom designed for sleeping only. Zzzz.

5. Frances December 6, 2010 at 3:49 pm #

I’ll have to take your word for it, but I’m sure you’re right :-) Any advice on what a well-appointed ladies bedroom should have in the way of scented candles?

Also, Hendrick’s gin? Thank you, my queen. Truly it is better to have ONE gin and tonic than to touch the dreck that passes for Tesco own brand wine *shudders*

6. Kate K December 6, 2010 at 5:22 pm #

First, I have to say that I am loving this whole series of posts and second, I have to back you up (not that you need it of course :D) on the Raphael Saadig suggestion. A friend recommended this to me and I’ve been listening to it non-stop in my car for the past three days. (And I may or may not be taking the long way or going on unnecessary errand runs to spend more time in the car…) It’s modern and fresh yet classic and sexy as all get out. Now all I need is a man to listen to it with me (on chocolate brown sheets….)

7. The gold digger December 7, 2010 at 10:20 am #

No patchouli.

8. Chicklet December 7, 2010 at 11:18 am #

So, you want us to die of jealousy, is that it? *wink*

9. Plumcake December 7, 2010 at 11:59 am #

@Chicklet: on the down side, he IS a Yankee. A girl can’t have everything.

@Kate K:
    I happened upon him after listening to my CeeLo pandora station and every time one of his songs came on I was all “Who is that?!”

@Frances: My first advice would generally be against scented candles, especially anything fruity, foody or floral. Or anything with sea shells. Dry, woodsy scents are a good bet. Dry sandalwood is good, or Jesus-flavored candles (frankincense or myrrh, although be careful if it’s a High Catholic boy…it could go either way) but my current favorite is a leather-scented candle from Colonial candle.

10. Frances December 7, 2010 at 1:03 pm #

Thank ye kindly, Plumcake and gold digger.

My room generally smells of magnolia and vanilla (essential oil reed thingys) but yes to sandalwood. Yes a thousand times over.

11. Heather December 7, 2010 at 11:59 pm #

There was a lovely scented candle by Henri Bendel, I believe, a while back… “Firewood” or something along those lines. It smelled like a campfire’s glow… that glorious half-light that encourages inappropriate touches under plaid fleece blankets. Ahem.