Is This Thing On? | Manolo for the Big Girl

Is This Thing On?

Once upon a time which may or may not have been a few weeks ago, a dear and highly respected personage who is not me (and unlike all the other times I say someone is not me, I actually mean it) told me a story of how he and his beloved daughter had spent a golden afternoon –it might have been a golden long weekend, I can’t really remember, whatever it was, it definitely had the Au luster happening– at the familial lake house and, upon reaching home got a telephone call from a little hotel down the street from the lake house. The hotel, it seemed, was in possession of an object that looked like a bolster pillow and acted like a Kalashnikov rifle but revealed itself to be Pepper, the Highly Respected Personage’s dog, who had been accidentally left behind.

All of which is  long-winded and PETA-provoking way of saying Manolo gave me two weeks’ vacation and no one managed to tell you guys.

Oops.

The good news is tomorrow we’ll be back with your regularly scheduled delightfulness.

In the meantime, how have you been keeping yourselves busy? Put it in the comments!

6 Responses to “Is This Thing On?”

1. Thea August 17, 2011 at 12:25 pm #

Oh thank Goddess!
    I mean, hope you have enjoyed your time off, we’ve missed your wit here on the surface of the sun.

Austin Texas 61 days of 100+ degree weather and counting

2. jojo.k August 17, 2011 at 3:04 pm #

Perfect timing. I’ve just returned from a professional conference in Las Vegas and have been busy with catch up and have been unable to visit the site.

What is it about Vegas that convinces all the 20 year olds to wear the tiniest, tightest dresses, and the heels that exceed their perambulation ability?

3. Constance August 17, 2011 at 7:20 pm #

It’s finally cooled off in Philadelphia, perfect weather to do some chores. For the past two days I’ve been cleaning and organizing my kitchen. Moving furniture is not fun when it’s 95 + degrees and the dewpoint is 75 degrees.

4. MYRTLE August 17, 2011 at 8:10 pm #

I’m so looking forward to fall this year. I went to the mall last week and spent too much money on fall/winter pieces. Cool weather, please hurry!

5. Camo August 18, 2011 at 3:48 pm #

Good to see you back. I got contacts and – and I do believe this was based in a small way on your post re oversized sunglasses – bought black Wayfarers (which were stored in the men’s accessories section of Lord & Taylor in NYC). I think I really love them, so thanks Plumcake!

6. Lisa form SoCal August 18, 2011 at 5:54 pm #

Horray! I am very pleased to hear that you were on vacay and had not been eaten by a shark.