Fab Four: Work to Date Dresses | Manolo for the Big Girl

Fab Four: Work to Date Dresses

It’s all about the jewelry, darlings.

7 Responses to “Fab Four: Work to Date Dresses”

1. Abbe October 12, 2011 at 2:54 pm #

I am not loving the proportions on that top left one. It’s a lil’ rack of doom. Can we sub it with something fun like this? http://www.igigi.com/6-hour-sale/lucca-print-skirt.html

2. Thea October 12, 2011 at 5:36 pm #

Igigi has great curvy girl proportions in her work. I have one of her pencil skirts that is superfantastico (apologies to Manolo) but her prints give me migraines.

3. Cat October 12, 2011 at 6:38 pm #

Seriously? Guys, I wouldn’t wear these to clean in, let alone either to work or to go on a date.

They are “old lady” clothes, and frankly kind of ugly. The Michael Kors one doesn’t surprise me – I have watched Project Runway enough to know that he thinks anything over a size 4 is ugly and deserves ugly clothes. The “prettiest” of the 4 is the Anne Klein dress, and even that one is a bit of a “sack.”

The “Root Beer Wrap Dress”?? Frankly, I’d feel like a flasher in a city park wearing that – no way I can feel “sexy” or even “attractive” in something like it.

Plummy, you’ve got better taste than this – I can only assume that this is the best of a bad set of “new fashion” this season.

4. teteatete October 12, 2011 at 8:46 pm #

Classic, meet Cat. Cat, meet classic. Like Plumcake said, it’s all about the jewelry. What do you need to feel sexy? Cleavage bearing Ren-fest type tops (no offense to the Ren-set, but there Are Other Ways)? Please. It’s how you carry yourself in flattering clothes that creates sexy.

5. Thea October 12, 2011 at 9:19 pm #

I’m with teteatete – wearing the Jones New York mink heather (bottom right)and the right accessories, I could get a deal signed at work, make the Maitre d’ cry at the best restaurant in town (without reservations) and have the right guys doing double takes and follow ups….

It’s not ‘old lady clothes’ it’s LADY clothes – and knowing when and how to look and act like a lady will get you far in life.

6. Whitney October 12, 2011 at 9:21 pm #

The one on the top left is exactly why full-busted types should NEVAH wear crewnecks. Makes the girls look like they’re somewhere down around your knees.

7. mariebruxelles October 13, 2011 at 4:40 am #

Like Mademoiselle Chanel, I think knees are ugly. So, the dresses on the left are a no-no for me.