Livin’ the Dream | Manolo for the Big Girl

Livin’ the Dream

My internet connection is still spotty but I wanted to pass on this bit of brilliance forwarded to me from the lovely and fragrant Monica H. who knows how I adore the turban.

I’ve got to be honest, it’s been a while since I’ve worn a turban since my brother’s been sick. It just seems a little insensitive. Of course I told him God gave him cancer because he had a stupid bifurcated goatee, so I guess I pick my battles. Sorry, kiddio! Anyway, I think I’m going to bust out the head wraps in a major way when I get back home to Stately Chateau Gateau (wherein Stately = the set of an all-transvestite production of Trainspotting. Packing for an international move is not my strong suit)taking a lesson from these stylish dames.

Brought to you by the always-wonderful and incessantly-inspiring Advanced Style. He’s like The Sartorialist, but interesting.

7 Responses to “Livin’ the Dream”

1. Sarah October 20, 2011 at 3:30 pm #

Thank you thank you thank you for your blog, and for the push toward Advanced Style. Not to wax all dramatic, but…
    It’s been a rough few years for me, and I feel like I’m pulling out of a fog – and that includes getting my fabulous back on. For some time, I’ve felt like fading in to the background, and my self-presentation has certainly reflected that. But I’m coming out of it, and as I told my sweetie last night, it’s like I’m finding my real self again. Which includes once again making a visual impression on the world.
    Thanks for the validation, the images of gorgeous people and gorgeous stuff, the practical advice and the leads on utter fabulousness that’s not about being a this or a that.
    Conversation starter enough?

2. coffeeaddict October 20, 2011 at 3:48 pm #

I want to look this stylish when I grow up!
    btw: you posted on your brother some time ago and his ongoing battle with cancer. I hope he’s doing well :-)

3. Madame Suggia October 21, 2011 at 8:51 am #

“…Advanced Style. He’s like The Sartorialist, but interesting.”

W-O-R-D.

Also, hilarious.

4. Thea October 21, 2011 at 2:18 pm #

My best friend and I have a pact – when we turn 80, she gets to be Louise Nevelson with turban

I get to be Georgia O’Keeffe – cause I already have the jewelry

5. Jessica October 21, 2011 at 3:50 pm #

Those ladies have STYLE! I most especially love the look of the woman with the green turban and flower. Beautiful!

6. Leah October 22, 2011 at 2:06 am #

Am now an Advanced Style fan, thank you for sharing it! I found several pics for inspiration on Pinterest. =) FABULOUS ladies!

7. Monica October 22, 2011 at 1:11 pm #

Miz Plumcake, how did you know I’m fragrant? ;) So glad you liked the link! I read Advanced Style every day. It gives me something to aspire to. If I grow up to look like the woman who wears the flowers on her jacket, I’ll be one lucky chick.