Whisky Tango Foxtrot? | Manolo for the Big Girl

Whisky Tango Foxtrot?

Okay campers, let’s play a little game.

This is the >Best of All pump from Irregular Choice:

I’m going to need to know what situation YOU would choose in order for these uh, interesting, kicks to be appropriate.
Put it in the comments. I’ll select my favorite next week. The winner earns my praise, adulation and the right to NEVER EVER have to wear these lurex assaults on all things good, tasteful and true.

43 Responses to “Whisky Tango Foxtrot?”

1. Jennifer K. December 16, 2011 at 2:56 pm #

I actually think I’d just wear those on a normal day to the office, with black slacks, a matching purple sweater, and my peacock feather headband. Those are awesome looking shoes! I’m not one to drool ove shoes, but I’m drooling over these.

2. Leah December 16, 2011 at 2:59 pm #

Clueless tribute performance.

3. Margo A December 16, 2011 at 3:01 pm #

A costume party where I’m going as a Bowie groupie from 1974.

4. Monica Quijada December 16, 2011 at 3:01 pm #

These shoes would be perfect for a party at Sir Elton John’s house. He would then find them so fabulous, he would invite me to sing with him.

5. Sarah December 16, 2011 at 3:06 pm #

Why, to go with this outfit, of course:

It’s all part of the theme, see?

6. Yosa Addiss December 16, 2011 at 3:08 pm #

I am a late 30’s corporate gothy type with a navy blue bob. I would wear these with a chic black dress to our company holiday party! I think they would be appropriate for a situation where wearing the holiday decorations is likely…

7. Andrea December 16, 2011 at 3:09 pm #

Jennifer K took my response. These are so drool worthy that I’d wear them to the grocery store and laundromat as well as a night at the opera.

8. Gina December 16, 2011 at 3:10 pm #

There’s only one time and place you could get away with a shoe like that, and that is Mardi Gras. It’s even got the purple, green, and gold already.

9. TeleriB December 16, 2011 at 3:10 pm #

With my best chiton, to the consecration of the new temple to Hera.

10. harri p. December 16, 2011 at 3:11 pm #

I just delivered a lecture on peacock imagery in the decorative arts last month. Those would have been perfect, and by “perfect,” I mean HAHAHAHAHAHA ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

11. jane December 16, 2011 at 3:22 pm #

“All right, Agent 009, we’re sending you back in time to 1974, where you’ll be undercover as a stripper drag queen in Haight-Ashbury.”

12. daisyj December 16, 2011 at 3:25 pm #

Evil supervillain is holding my cat hostage in his hollow-volcano lair, demands that I appear in public in these or he will vaporize the shoe floor at Barneys. I slip them on and stroll through Saint Hippolyta’s home for the completely blind, then burn them and sterilize everything they touched with a 20% bleach solution, just to be sure.

13. Melissa December 16, 2011 at 3:32 pm #

I’d create a burlesque routine around those shoes – something like the Plump Peacock? Obviously there would be disco involved and lots and lots of peacock feathers.

14. Kimks December 16, 2011 at 3:33 pm #

They would have been perfect for the Mummers parade…

15. rebecca December 16, 2011 at 4:00 pm #

the Zookeeper’s Disco Ball, of course.

16. Rachel December 16, 2011 at 4:18 pm #

It’s a trick question. There is literally no time or place, real or fantasy, in which these are acceptable.

17. ChurchMom December 16, 2011 at 4:36 pm #

Annnd Gina took my answer. Mardi Gras party attender (or float rider).

18. Rebekka December 16, 2011 at 6:01 pm #

I’m going with the Royal Ornithological Society’s fundraiser to support the opening of the latest exhibit (Feathers in Fashion), for which party the theme is Disco Masquerade. Dancing queen…! Those shoes are just the beginning!

19. Alynda December 16, 2011 at 7:17 pm #

Two options: 1. Special Guest Judge on “RuPaul’s Drag Race” because that’s the only place fab-u-lous enough for them or 2. They would have been awesome for my Lady Miss Kier Hallowe’en costume of a few years ago! Note: actual Lady in the pic)

20. Wendy December 16, 2011 at 8:29 pm #

If they come in a big enough size, as part of one’s Huggy Bear Halloween costume. (Original Starsky and Hutch reference for the win!)

21. Nichole December 16, 2011 at 8:42 pm #

Elton John concert at Ceasar’s Palace in Vegas.

22. Camo December 16, 2011 at 9:14 pm #

I’d wear them to kick a Hunts Point procurer right in the kiwis, as a form of rough, retro justice.

23. Thea December 16, 2011 at 11:31 pm #

While deflowering a drag queen……

24. Michelle Evans December 17, 2011 at 12:51 am #

When doing my Lady GaGa imitation.

25. Foreveropera December 17, 2011 at 12:53 am #

The only appropriate time to wear those shoes is to a 60s/70s theme party during which you’ll be tripping so hard you won’t even notice the loudness of your shoes.

26. evilsciencechick December 17, 2011 at 2:02 am #

When I need to keep my lady-pimp hand strong?

27. Sally December 17, 2011 at 2:29 am #

I think these spectacular shoes are enough in and of themselves and should be worn with absolutely nothing at all, au naturale, in the buff, bare-ass naked if you will!

28. ChaChaHeels December 17, 2011 at 5:36 am #

Anywhere are badly styled, puffed up and talentless starlet would be paid to put on a beige patent leather “go with everything, look like a lemming” Louboutin pump.

29. megaera December 17, 2011 at 6:44 am #

Obviously, they are what I will wear to my interview to join the Space Vixens (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saucy_Jack_and_the_Space_Vixens), given that I will not have yet earned my Glitter Boots. Knowing that intergalactic awesomeness simply CANNOT be achieved without an enormous platform, some chunky heels and the ability to blind my opponents from a distance with shine, I will slip those puppies on my feet, revealing to my interviewer at the critical moment that the peacock feathers can also tickle confessions out of the most hardened of criminals. The rookie Space Vixen slot will be mine, and these will be retired to my under-red-satin-cover work.

30. danielle December 17, 2011 at 7:35 am #

Why a funeral for a drag queen of course.

Mind you, they might be a little tame for that…

31. Madame Suggia December 17, 2011 at 9:52 am #

When planning a tawdry hook-up with a very very tall (and probably sight impaired)Pavophile.

32. Lynn December 17, 2011 at 9:59 am #

As I danced down the woodland paths as an exotic fairy at a rennisance festival.

33. Madea December 17, 2011 at 2:34 pm #

My brief stint as Madam of a muppet brothel.Our slogan was “It’s not easy having blue…well you get the idea.”

34. SusanC December 17, 2011 at 4:20 pm #

As a guest at Kim Kardashian’s next wedding.

35. Madame Suggia December 17, 2011 at 7:34 pm #

SusanC FTW!

36. Melissa December 17, 2011 at 11:50 pm #

My brother-in-laws funeral – paired with a very. red. dress.

37. bushpiglet December 18, 2011 at 11:20 am #

They would be perfect for the next Guy Pierce and Hugo Weaving invite me to cross the Australian Desert in a big pink bus.

38. dcsurfergirl December 19, 2011 at 12:18 pm #

I could use some bookends…

39. retna December 21, 2011 at 11:57 pm #

Rio carnival! Me on a float sambaing, wildly in a tiny bikini and a peacock feathered headdress while buff, oiled young men in peacock-feathered thongs gyrate wildly in time. The shoes will fit in quite nicely.

40. Susan December 22, 2011 at 10:08 am #

May I just say that I love the enameled pin.
    Where to wear — New Orleans and Montrose, you would be the toast of Mardi Gras and whatever has replaced “disco Krogers” in Montrose.

41. lmfny December 23, 2011 at 1:49 am #

An intimate lunch at Paisley Park with (The Artist Formerly Known As) Prince. ‘Cause nothing spices up a Minnesota winter like peacock feathers, don’cha know? ;)

42. dcsurfergirl December 27, 2011 at 2:38 am #

I would wear them on SOOOOUUUULLLL TRAIN!

43. JessWho January 7, 2012 at 11:46 am #

I would totally rock these! The first place that popped in my head was to wear them on my weekly jaunt down to the Art Museum. Might as well look at art while wearing some :)